Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Home Makeover


So I'm harnessing all this Spring energy that is abounding and I'm turning it towards my home. There have been multiple changes around these parts lately (more in future posts!) so I'm feeling the need to make over my surroundings to ring in the changes. Anyone who follows my inspiration boards on Pinterest will know that my favourite colour scheme is white and grey with pops of colour in the form of art, cushions, flowers and kids things...


So my sitting room is going to be a pale grey shade with new wooden floors...dark or light? I'm still not sure. I think dark floors are classic and rich but paler wood is Scandinavian and cool...as yet undecided! One thing for sure is that I will be designing one of my very favourite things - a gallery wall! I love this one with all white frames and I love the idea of mixing the contents. Art, photos, poetry, maps...all gorgeous.


I love how fresh this colour scheme is...great floor, right? And those round tables? I die...


All my books will be housed in white bookcases just like these. And yes, I'll be arranging them by colour!


I love this white sofa and natural rug...not sure how practical with two tiny people also living here...but sometimes you have to have what you love don't you? (and invest in a spare cover!)


The kitchen will be bright white. It's an airy, bright room as it is but I want to make it even more so... I love this table and will be trawling through old furniture auctions to find something similar. How gorgeous is the yellow frame!


I will be painting my kitchen units a shade of grey too...doesn't the delph look great against it?


Grey and white...super fresh!


I love these tones, what do you think?
Wanna come over for tea when it's done?

(images via my interiors boards on pinterest - click through there for credits)

4 comments:

Kate said...

I too love grey - I have just created my first grey room - it is empty apart for the four walls at the moment - lots of inspiration to be had here. It has taken a while to get it right - past attempts have been more lilac than grey - this time a Farrow & Ball shade did the trick! Now just have the rest of the house to do.

Unknown said...

What shade did you go for? I'm testing Delicate Gris by Dulux at the moment...

Louie Cunningham said...

Wow! You made an awesome choice with gray, Ellie. Every part of your house looks so clean and picturesque now. Who wouldn't want to go home to a house as lovely as yours? :o)

Net Curtain Rods said...

I really impress with your home make over ideas especially the living room interiors and I also love how you arrange the furniture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...