Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Skin Saviour - Thermal Spring Water


I'm a HUGE fan of La Roche Posay. I really rate them as skin experts and the products I have tried have never failed to impress me. I'm currently working my way through their entire line. Next on my list to try is the anti-aging line and eye categories and baby products, due to my haggard appearance with all of these sleepless nights. So, on to my latest and greatest from them - The Thermal Spring Water. This water is at the very heart of the brand as it is the pure,unadulterated spring water that flows in La Roche Posay itself. Yes, it's a place! It contains a serious amount of  naturally occurring selenium which protects the skin against free radicals and other minerals including calcium, zinc and copper to name a few and it has a neutral free pH so therefore is tolerable for all skins, all ages, all ailments.
I bought it in order to refresh my skin whilst I was  in hospital having Anna.  Maternity hospitals are very hot places - great for newborns, not so great for Mums, so with that in mind I spritzed and sprayed it's cooling mist on to my face throughout the day.When I came home, I forgot about it for a while until my skin started drying out and looking flaky due to hormonal changes paired with reacting to the practically 24 hour central heating (hey, it's cold, there's a newborn here!). So I remembered my Spring water and resumed the spritzing and my skin cleared completely. In fact, it even cleared the mini-breakout I was having (hormones again), so I have forgone the tap water to wash my face and now I'm just using this wonderful elixir after I cleanse.
I'm so happy that I finally tried it out, having been aware of it for ages but never getting around to using it. It's a keeper...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a can of this in the fridge but I never seem to know how to incorporate it into my routine! xo

Kat (dollyrouge.ie) said...

I TOTALLY agree with you, about the thermal water and La Roche-Posay in general.

I keep the thermal water on my desk. My colleagues like the heat cranked up and spritzing every hour or so helps keep my oily skin in check. It's lovely after cleansing and to set makeup too. Wonderful stuff.

Gracie said...

Their dry skin cream is amazing, and I have the queen of all dry skins, psoriasis. It really penetrates and softens. Best cream I have ever used. Water seems to be stretching it a bit though but you're enticing me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...