Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Smashbox Smash It For Eyes

Eye shadow palettes that correspond to eye colour... Such a simple idea and one that has been done by a few brands previously but frequently as part of their seasonal offerings, not part of their constant line up. All change there then as Smashbox are launching these three permanent palettes to tantalise us....
 The three Photo Op eye enhancing palettes called Blue, Brown and Hazel provide all eye tones with a no-brainer shade selection that is guaranteed to flatter (green eyes come under the hazel umbrella by the way). These images are a little dull compared with what you see when they are swatched on to the skin and having just been at their launch and with the palettes right here in front of me, I can vouch for their vibrancy! The top three shadows are soft, shimmery and great for day and the the lower three are deeper and more intense so come into their own for night.

Of course, there are no hard and fast rules in makeup and you can wear whatever shades you like but I love how these offer a quick solution with great quality (the textures are superb) and at a great price (€39)
Smashbox have some other fantastic new products hitting counters in September including a new foundation, a gorgeous highlighting product and some silky powders which I will be trialling this week... I will of course keep you posted!

2 comments:

SweetLikeJelly said...

typical my eyes are hazel but I don't like that palette and I love the other two! Might invest in the brown eyes.

Sue Jordan said...

I love this idea though just can't justify another palette splurge.

Could I just pull out my complimentary colours from my existing collection? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...