Sunday, February 13, 2011

VB AW RTW 11

Hot off the runway, here is Victoria Beckham's Autumn/Winter Ready to Wear 2011 show (did you guess from the title?!) She showed earlier today in New York. I always look forward to her shows as I think her progression to proper designer may now just be complete.

This collection is quite different in that it shows a departure from her signature dresses and she uses different fabrics and even more patterns where she has previously been more simple. I do really like some of it though -some not, but it's still a vital, vibrant and relevant collection.

I'm very drawn to this layered look; it's accessible and flattering and the 70's style boots were a good theme throughout.

Perhaps it is because she is pregnant but there are much more loose fitting garments than her usual secret corset style, lettuce leaf only dresses!

I think this is a great 'work' dress and there's those boots again- in a great, great colour.

Love these khaki greens and the shirt/belt/across body bag are very nice indeed!

She's pulled another interesting show out of the bag, I will say that I don't love every single piece, but I would happily wear any of this selection any time.... should my miniscule clothes budget for 2011 miraculously increase. Failing that, I await the high street copies eagerly!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Love Victoria, maybe because she's a woman she designs dresses women can wear. The outre creations of the Masters seldom walk on the earth on ordinary women. Victoria saw the gap and look what happened.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...