Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Essence Treasures

I'm on an Essence exploration at the moment. I'm in the process of testing various products from the range to see if they will fit well on my Beauty On Your Budget makeup course. So far, so good. I'm very impressed with their colour range. This week I've been wearing one of these Jumbo Eye Pencils from their Metallics range. I have shade 03 (on the right above) which is a soft cool copper. It is a really wearable tone that enhances all eye colours yet still looks subtle, therefore perfect for daytime. Just scribble it over your entire eye lid, blend at the edges, add mascara and you're set. It's fantastic for a super fast eye. To make it appear darker for night, simply colour in your lid with a deep brown kohl pencil first and apply the Jumbo pencil on top. Couldn't be easier!


I have developed quite a thing for nail polishes of late. Not unusual, you may say, but I had bare nails for years preferring the totally natural look. But lately I've become so much more adventurous and curious about all the exciting nail colour trends.One of my favourites from last year was the taupe-y/grey look. I did think however that after a couple of days they looked a bit dead so I tried the Walk of Fame shade from Essence as it looked a little more mauve than flat grey. And it is! The slight hint of mauve is much more flattering on a pale skin tone. It needs two coats and a top coat for extra glossiness but once those are in place, I love it!


And the extra benefit? It's only €1.29!

(image from shortnchic)

2 comments:

Anne said...

That brand rocks! I read they're now available in Pennys, Dunnes & Heatons and they have a black & white collection - various products in you guessed it...black and white!

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

I love that colour of polish. Just found essence at Ulta in the US and can't wait to buy more. The eyeshadow I party was amazingly well pigmented.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...