Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Best of the Globes

Right, I'm not going to bore you with yet another review of what they all wore at the Golden Globes. Yes we noted that emerald green was popular, the ubiquitous black was, well, ubiquitous. But I liked these peachy and cream tones. They are a very flattering colour to wear in both wardrobe and makeup. I thought Emma Stone looked fantastic in this simple but stunning sheath from the Calvin Klein Collection.

Anne Hathaway literally sparkled in Armani Prive and I love the covered up effect. No shoulders, boobs, or leg on show in any of these three looks. And the result? They look like elegant ladies. Finally, people are returning to the glamour of wearing beautifully cut dresses in great fabric. In my view they are far more sexy than letting it all hang out (are you listening Halle Berry?)

The idea of Tilda Swinton as a fashion icon can be quite polarising. Some people think she looks like a man, some people say she's wierd. I think she's wonderful! Her choices are elegant, they stand out for their difference and she is one of the only ones who really makes a statement. This Jill Sander ensemble is beautiful. She looks ethereal, with an almost fragile strength, if there is such a thing....

2 comments:

Siún said...

I love Anne Hathaway, she has something v glam and understated about her and what a dress. I also like the peach Clavin Klein sheath though I have heard lots of people slating it! Til;da Swinton.. I just don't get it..

Niamh Buckley said...

i love the peach dress on emma. not so mad about the blonde hair though, or her major weight loss!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...