Tuesday, December 21, 2010

No Day Like A Snow Day

I am typing this post looking out the window to see thick snow falling on the depths and drifts that are already there. I honestly cannot remember this much snow in my lifetime; Lulu is transfixed by it and I have to admit that I am too. Granted, there is commuter chaos and I feel so sad for the people trying to get home for Christmas, but I also feel a childlike excitement too and must admit to throwing open the curtains each morning to see how much more fell in the night!
So today, I'm lucky that I don't have to travel anywhere and will be taking it very easy... I'll take Lulu out to play and teach her to make snow angels...

....then we will retreat indoors, get warm, light a scented candle like one from the fab Miller Harris...

Snuggle up under blankets in front of old Disney Christmas cartoons...

....and eat some warming butternut squash soup!

I hope your snow day is ok too...

***the winner of The Friday Freebie is Kate - Congrats on your wedding!***

(images from here and here )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...