Thursday, August 12, 2010

Louis' Lovelies

I'm really drawn to the A/W campaign for Louis Vuitton. I love the old school elegance and glamour of the styling and of course the three supermodels Natalia Vodianova, Karen Elson and Christy Turlington. They were chosen for their beauty (obviously) but also to represent women in their 20's, 30's and 40's. Imagine looking as amazing as Christy in your 40's. Wow! She continues to blow my mind in every campaign she does. She is heaven to look at...

I'm also crushing on the makeup and hair styling. The makeup by Pat McGrath is so beautiful. I love the soft shading and contouring and the highlighting on the cheekbones and temples is divine. It is very much the style I try to emulate when I'm working; I'm not a makeup artist who likes to over-work a face or use really strong colour...less is best and luminous is lovely in my view! The eye makeup in this campaign is so elegant with no hard shading or eye lines...it's all about a soft wash of colour to enhance without taking over the face. Soft focus makeup lets your inner beauty shine through...it might sound naff, but it's the truth!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Very Mad Men!

Unknown said...

Yes Anne, isn't it! I'd love to get away with a dress like those...or even just to have somewhere to wear one to!

Siún said...

I adore these ads. I have a collection of fab fashion ads on my wall at home and this is one of them! they are so luminous aren't they? wow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...