Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Be Still My Beating Heart

I love the couture shows; their great spectacle and amazing creativity not to mention the craftmanship. When I saw Riccardo Tisci's salon show for Givenchy, my heart nearly skipped a beat!

The human skeleton was the inspiration for this collection and look how unusually gorgeous it looks. Look at the stunningly elaborate ornamentation....he always works with lace, feathers and fringing; his design trademarks.

He presented primarily in three colour ways; flesh, white and gold with a salon devoted to each. This gold dress took six months to make...

I think the skeleton shape is so exciting and so elegantly executed...

'A romantic way to view death' Tisci

The beauty is in the detail...

This chocolate lace and feather dress with patchwork leather jacket was the only dark toned piece in the collection...

Beautiful work, beautiful creatures...

I love couture...a veritable feast for the senses

(images via style.com)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...