Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Scrub Vs Polish

This is a wonder product by Dermalogica. I literally force my clients and brides-to-be into using it.
All skin needs exfoliation in order to look good and to keep cell turnover at the pace it should be trucking along at, and it is SO important to refine the skin as a makeup base. Foundation can only look as good as the canvas underneath.
Most skins can get a little sluggish from time to time, especially so if they have been smothered in moisturiser, SPF and false tan on a regular basis.
Skin needs to breathe and it needs a bit more help than regular cleansing to clear itself out. What it doesn't need is to be abrasively attacked with severe scrubs. Harsh products with big grainy bits can really damage the skin by aggravating any underlying redness and even tearing it. It will look upset and annoyed and won't please you by being pretty and you'll only have yourself to blame for treating your precious skin so badly. Enough of a guilt trip? Shall I go on?

This Daily Microfoliant is a rice powder based exfoliator and as you mix it with water it forms a soft paste which you then massage all over the face. It is gentle enough to use every day as the name suggests. The overall effect after about one weeks use is of glowing, polished, smooth skin that looks like you love it and it loves you back!

Keep the heavy duty scrubbing for your body but be sweet to your face, your skin can be your greatest ally if only you're nice to it!

(Get it here...)

8 comments:

Catherine Goodall said...

El - you recommend the best stuff. Discovered this a few years ago, truly a wonder product. Oh and whilst I'm singing your praises I tried the MAC eyeshadow you recommended - just gorgeous.

Keep on blogging... :)
x

Unknown said...

Thanks Kate! So glad you're reading regularly xx

Catherine Goodall said...

Wouldn't miss it! xx

Fiona said...

I have to say thank you for this recomendation as well. Just what my skin needed and its really making a difference already :-)

Unknown said...

That's great Fiona - it really is a wonder product! x

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellie!
I love Dermalogica and this is great. Seeing as you have the answers to everything - I take SO much care with my skin (oily, spot prone skin) but I cannot for the life of me get rid of forehead spots. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks!
Jox

Unknown said...

Hi Jo,
I'm not officially a skincare person, but I really believe in the ranges La Roche Posay (in chemists) or Jan Marini (from skincare professionals). They both get good results for spot prone skin and I have used them both to great effect. Look into using an AHA cleanser perhaps, they can help to control the excess oil that is causing the clogging.
Also, don't expect an immediate change once you start to use a new product, you have to wait and give it a chance to work.
Hope that helps a bit...
x

Anonymous said...

thanks for that El!i'll buy that for my birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...